Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Burning Bras: ???????

I understand where women are coming from when they don't want to shave or they don't shower every day, because they are trying to make a point or whatever. But, what does burning your underwear have to do with rights.



If there were a bunch of feminist women in the street and they were protesting something, and then they started a fire and then started taking off their bras and throwing them in, I think that some men would think that would be awesome. I mean women without bras and fire. Some men go nuts over stuff like that.


Then I guess when some women see that they think of how it does represent freedom. I don't know much, but I do know that some women already don't where bras and they are not trying to make any kind of point. I think in that sense their point is lost also because they are trying to spite men because we were the ones who invented bras and so on. But, once again women with no bras for most men is not a bad thing, but a good thing.



So, the point of it being unnatural and that they are getting rid of the support or thing that might restrict them makes sense. But, I am still trying to wrap my head around the concept of it being just a negative thing completely.

1 comment:

  1. I just had a couple of comments, What is the typical man? We had this conversation in class, but still it would seem from your post that the typical man loves fire and naked women. Are we talking about "Cave-Man?"

    Also, do women use use the not-bra-wearing thing (those that don't actually wear bras) to make a "negative" impact on society? And is it to motivate men to support them? I think there are some feminists who would be outraged by that thought, and that it's not about getting "support" from men just the equality and rights they deserve. Is that Silly?

    ReplyDelete